Sunday, December 30, 2012

It's A Wrap!
 
 
It's all about presentation.  With just a little effort, you can make any gift look fun and festive.  Here are a few of my favorite ideas and techniques for a gift of food:
 

 Each Christmas, I bake 4 or 5 Amoretto Chocolate Chip Cheesecakes for gifts.  I place each cake on a holiday plate or platter, which is also part of the gift.  Then the fun begins!
The platter with cheesecake is positioned in a large cellophane gift bag.  To keep the bag from settling onto the top of the cheesecake, I place two or three "birthday" candles in the center of the cake.  You can barely see them in the photo above - they are white.
An assortment of ribbons to be used for the bow. The red handled scissors are for cutting the ribbons that are wired.

The base of the bow will be 6 or 8 loops of a selected ribbon.

On top of the base loops, add 6"- 8" lengths of a variety of coordinating ribbons.  The top ribbon will be the "ho ho ho."
Stacked ribbons, ready to be tied together.
Finished bow.

 

 The finished gift.

Another fun (and much appreciated gift for those who entertain during the holidays) is the Frosty the Snowman Cheeseball.  I just double my favorite cheeseball recipe, make one large ball and one slightly smaller.  Freeze until firm, stack the balls,  then frost with whipped cream cheese and decorate.

 Here he is, ready for gifting!  Looks almost like a snowglobe, doesn't it?
For very little effort, you can make a grand presentation.

I hope you enjoy using these ideas.

Ren

1 comment:

  1. Dear 'Polka Dot ladies'!I found you on Sew Many Ways and wandered over to see the polka dots. I loved the Yule Log post. I make a pumpkin roll at Thanksgiving. I might have to try my hand at a Yule log next year. Welcome to blogland! I will be back...

    ReplyDelete