Sunday, October 27, 2013

It's Fall Ya'll!

It's Fall Y'all!
 
 
Autumn is my favorite time of the year.  Yes, I love Christmas but nothing beats the beauty of fall days.  Temperatures and humidity are lower.  There is a crispness in the air.  The brilliant reds, golds and oranges of the leaves is such a beautiful contrast to the clear blue sky.  Each year, I can hardly wait for the weekend after Labor Day, because that is when I begin to bring out the pumpkins!  First, I decorate indoors.  Then, around the first of October, it is off to the pumpkin patch ( or the grocery store) to purchase pumpkins for my outdoor décor.



I don't really decorate for Halloween but often we carve a simple jack 'o lantern. Here, my cat Sam is inspecting daughter Lauren's progress.  Notice he is already dressed in his costume!
 
 

 Who can resist the beauty of an arrangement of fall colors on the dining table?


My casual dining area, with woven wicker chargers and autumn napkins.  I have even found a way to incorporate my favorite polka dots with the vase!

 
Breakfast on the kitchen island is more stylish with the addition of a simple vase of flowers.
 
This beautiful display is in the narthex of Myers Park United Methodist Church. 
 
Elegant and simple.  This display is located in a local retirement community.  Wonderful way to incorporate silver into autumn décor.

 

This week, my daughter and son-in-law closed on their new house.  The last few days have been full of activity, with moving, delivery of new furnishings and appliances and installation of window coverings.  I helped out for two days and took along some pumpkins and pansies to adorn their new front porch.
 
 
Chris and Lauren took a short break from unpacking to let me snap this photo!
 
I also presented them with these cute velveteen pumpkins and chevron painted burlap runner for their dining room table.
 
Back at home, these pumpkins and gourds decorate the black wrought iron bench in  front of my house.
 
 
My favorite polka dots again.  Soon these pots will be filled with pansies.
 
This is a pumpkin purchased from Michael's.  I added multiple strips of ribbon for a festive indoor decoration.
 
Finally, the top of the entertainment center.  This is where my fall decorating begins each year.
 
Happy Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment